Friday, June 13, 2014

The Gulmohar Marg




When I traverse
This lane of lushness…
Under this shed of shadow…
Every evening…
I behold,
This gush of rare breeze-
And the petals that plunge-
Of the Gulmohar bloom-
On this tarred road…

As I stroll-
Through this tunnel of trees!
The blur shade of couples
In the distant-
Walking, too…
I speculate not-
The ruthless air-
And,
Improbable chance-
Like the gush of breeze
And the blush of petals!
Must be unleashing
Their souls!

This shed-
Must have witnessed
The generation of us-
Roaming underneath
Hopeless thoughts,
Occupied solitude-
And failed attempts…
Their sad shadows-
Must have touched-
The boughs of the Gulmohar-
I less wonder…

“Off for the walk?”
A friend of mine yells-
The clatter of that cycle-
“Yes, I am done for the day”
I whisper-

The Gulmohar Marg
On the backdrop…
I less wonder, again-
About this wonder!
I progress…



Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"
To the walkway- The Gulmohar Marg
of IISc.
6:10pm-13th June,2014
MRDG

Photocredits:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgQUHYAksmqnwP59ph1DU75FqAAs2Dz1gfUJQdYklbSPdfVqAwUBOu2D37Oz5ndBSbAH2erH059-8iPSoQ5cuKzKNJS5-WBqVEuIUsz87XBFAHUiglPwt-xY2BtTppPN-gS5n_dZu4nnL0/s1600/gulmohar_walk.JPG
http://thumbs.imagekind.com/2360693_650/Royal-Poinciana-Tree-Painting.jpg?v=1390564800

No comments:

Post a Comment