Thursday, March 31, 2011

For my Wild Buddies.....!!!



I,
I was a Salim Ali of my wonderland
With a diary, a pen & a pair of binocs in my hand
I,
I Seldom cared about those creepies..
Was busy harking those songs....
From bushes to bushes and then to trees.....
I used to rush in to the throngs...
Luck Favored....and
The day came when ...My dreams became wild...
to the aspirer..from the innocence of the child...
Here I met some of my wild buddies...
Roses seldom pleased me.. longed for those wild puppies..
With crawling belly..I met a Gharial...so weird...
No pinnas , No hairs and lack those beard....
I teased him...Was wondering about his scales and scute...
Still, Silent he rest...No hissing..A pleasant mute...
A Rhino with its horn and A musk dear with its Musk...
"Ghara" filled in his lungs..The Serenity of Dusk...
With the flow of Rapti, He stares...
Loves basking, in the sun that glares..
He and I became the best friends forever..
Gentle and Friendlier, Unlike A clever Mugger...
But,
Sadly he said....
He is in the verge of Extinction...
Will be the history...Fixed in the fiction...
I was sad and I am bereaved...Broken..
The Gharials should be alive, but not as a token...
So I gave him an oath to protect him...
I am into the wild and this is my sole dream...

by Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"

2:30 pm, Thursday, 31st March,2011
Resource-cum-I-team provoked me to
scribble this poem..
Would like to dedicate it to all my ambient friends at I-team
WWF Nepal, Kathmandu,
Nepal






No comments:

Post a Comment