Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Occupied Emptiness


The Occupied Emptiness

A Poem by Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"


Through this old frayed casement …


The gust of air moves in

Through the vacant room-in the barren mind

Rustles the emptiness- wobbles stillness behind

Without filling the blank, gently, it moves out


I park myself, still, in this cozy chair- I watch

The rushing out of that breeze into that blank space

I speculate " ‘Contentment is to them who possess less’

Rest of them, are left empty- Happiness thus snatched


I moved out of this “mansion”- leaving behind the emptiness


Smiling, were they…but still the smile so barren

Tears-that toppled down from their empty eyes- so deserted

Amongst this huge crowd of folks- I am still…

Encircled by the Illusion and befriended by this emptiness


The occupied crowd hovers around

Deep in me, there’s emptiness

Empty thoughts and empty togetherness

Empty the wholesome sky, an empty me and this empty ground













































© Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel “Hridayaninadini”

17 september-2011- 2:00 pm-IISc-LHH-110-Saturday

For this emptiness- that I cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment