Monday, February 17, 2014

The Weird Dreams...



I see the rainbow, before it rains...
And feel the droplets, before they fall...
I count the stars, which I can't see...
At home, I bring them all...

I pluck the fragrance, no flower can have
And feel the breeze, before it blows
I chase the fireflies in a dark
Whoa! And I align them in a row…

I ride on the clouds, that monsoon brings
And steal all the silver lines
I paint the sky –pink
At home, I bring their shine

I climb the mountain, upside down
And crawl inside the sea
The best music that nature can play,
My feet dance yon the lea…

I walk over the river, turbulent and wild
And swim through the lush canopy
I befriend all the terrifying beasts,
And bring in them, the intangible beauty…

I shout and jump, of elation, Yeah!
For I can do, now, what I thought I can’t!
To add this smile on the sunless face…
And this rhythm to unvoiced chant! 

No grieves to worry about, 
How happy the world seems…
I would have loved to be in,
Only if they were not the weird dreams!


(c) Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"
7:45 pm, 17th Feb, 2014
IISc, India
Photo credits:
1.http://www.wallcoo.net/paint/the_fantasy_world_of_josephine_wall/images/mystical_fantasy_paintings_kb_Wall_Josephine-Whispered_Dreams.jpg
2. http://gypsymother.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/type_of_dreams-painting.41183307_std.jpeg


2 comments:

  1. You did justice to words and feelings. Very beautifully written.

    Somehow your poem left me with nostalgic imprint in my mind. Back in home, I used to walk to a small top-hill at the outskirts of the town, just to stare at mighty white peaks of Nepal on the east. You just stole all the feelings of freedom that I used to get from that one scene of mighty Himalayas.

    Count a fan!

    ReplyDelete