Tuesday, February 18, 2014

To the shadow!






The shadow that I see
Behind the sun,
Stares defiantly at me!
For...
I killed the one
That veiled my soul
And I stand…
Shadow free!

They have this right
To glare these eyes,
To this shadow of the sun!
I shout!
For, they define
What being the Sun
Is all about!

I remember,
In that darkness
I observed,
My shadow scaring me
And I fought…
Fought till the light in me
Conquered this fright
And my shadow died!

I paid no condolences,
And no mournful thoughts,
For they once defined me too!
With no sympathy for myself,
And the darkness, I was in!
The ashes, I threw!
To the burning light,
For, my shadow died…

I say, of no regret…
I did no wrong to me,
But, yes! to my shadow,
“Your company,
Disheartened the light in me,
With no option left,
I betrayed you and let you go!
Yes, I killed you”
I will never apologize though!

Hereby,
I refuse to say sorry!


Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"
I hate darkness, so I killed my shadow!
19th Feb, 2014
1:25pm 

Photo credits:
http://blogs.catydesign-studio.com/images/uploads/2011/04/darkness-painting.jpg
http://nekrodemonart.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/a-shadow-in-a-shadowless-world.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment