Monday, November 17, 2014

Waiting in the wings...


When I am done…
With this ruthless world-
I shall crack these planks-
And shall set myself free!
 And shall fade away into that wilderness-
Where no mortals can catch hold of me!
Where pelf has no value-
And where beasts boast of nothing!
In that Elysium land of no vanity!
I shall lie on the grassy-turf…
And shall tease the roaring clouds-
On top of me…
And that first droplet-
That shall hit my leather-
Shall drench the soul from within…
I shall sneeze the world out of me!
And shall pay no excuses-
For, manners are for them
Who lack it!
And I lack none of them!
I shall dance in the melody
Of splashing streams-
And this gusto- I shall orchestrate,
With my feathery friends…
In that soil of mighty roots,
Where the earthworm rules!
I shall pilfer the aroma-
Of the first shower that heaven shall bless…
And that whisper of the breeze-
That shall cascade through my ears-
I shall hear the message…
And the gush of splendor!
I shall traverse the darkness-
Once I feared a lot!
And shall kiss the fireflies-
A perfect world- it will be-
Of no yearnings and no lies!
I shall reach to the hamlets-
Of leaking roofs and broken benches-
But richness that ruffles through
The worn out curtains-
And reach that bruised lips-
With the most treasured smiles…
When I am done…
With this ruthless world-
I shall crack these planks-
And shall set myself free…



Sanjeeta Sharma Pokharel "Hridayaninadini"

Photo credits:
1.http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/310/9/3/sing_for_freedom_by_orestes8-d6taz78.jpg
2.http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/143/d/c/wishing_for_freedom_by_rosiesnotred-d3h0imj.jpg
3.http://www.julianrees.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/freedom.jpg
  

No comments:

Post a Comment